Centreli provides paid time off tracking in order to account and apply for tax credits for paid time off to employees impacted by COVID-19.
As part of a package signed into law for employers with fewer than 500 employees there is a requirement for employers to provide two weeks (80 hours) of paid sick leave to employees affected by coronavirus.
To help employers pay for these requirements the law provides a refundable payroll tax credit for 100% of qualified paid sick leave wages paid by an employer, which is permitted against the employer portion of Social Security taxes.
Aprio, a Top 100 Firm, recommended in an email to clients that employers should use a time tracking mechanism to track employees that are absent for reasons related to coronavirus, including testing and paid sick, family and medical leave.
Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act employers will have to provide up to 80 hours of paid-sick-leave benefits if an employee meets any of the following conditions:
- Has been ordered by the government to quarantine or isolate because of COVID-19.
- Has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine because of COVID-19.
- Has symptoms of COVID-19 and is seeking a medical diagnosis.
- Is caring for someone who is subject to a government quarantine or isolation order or has been advised by a health care provider to quarantine or self-isolate.
- Needs to care for a son or daughter whose school or child care service is closed due to COVID-19 precautions.
- Is experiencing substantially similar conditions as specified by the secretary of health and human services, in consultation with the secretaries of labor and treasury.
Centreli simplifies employee management and automatically calculates and tracks employee paid time off. Provide your employees with a secure portal to submit requests for manager review, a company directory, and shared calendars all accessible from anywhere.
You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Centreli, no credit card required.